February 2013 is when it happened. Upwork was still Elance-oDesk, I’d been on it a few months, I hadn’t had much luck and was ready to move on. But, I stumbled across a blog post (now since deleted) from the company, itself, where they explained their client-to-freelancer matching algorithms. The keys to how their entire search and matching system worked.
It changed everything.
I immediately changed my profile and landed my first project:
And then another:
And another and another and another… on and on it went:
Until, eventually, I had to turn off my availability because I was getting so many job invites I couldn’t keep up.
So, this course is simple…
I show you what I learned that day and the changes I made that turned everything around for me. If you’re ready to make Upwork actually work for you, then take this course.
Here’s the lessons you’re getting:
- Rank Higher Than You Should Master Strategy
- Create Your Profile Picture
- Write Keyword-Rich Title and Tags
- How to Write a Believable Overview
- Record an Profile Video The Easy Way (Optional)
- Create a Portfolio Even Without Previous Client Work
- About Tests, Certifications, Employment History, Etc.
- Class Project: Build Your Upwork Profile
- It’s a Competition
- It’s NOT a Numbers Game
- Trust As a Strategy
- How to Find the Best Jobs
- Leveraging Search Filters
- Breaking Down a Project Description
- Writing Your Project Proposal
- Building Rapport (Know, Like and Trust)
- How to Price Upwork Projects
- Asking For the Sale
- Final Thoughts
If you’re ready to do this, then enroll and let’s get started.